IIIT BangaloreApril 5th, 2021
The International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore, a Deemed University, popularly known as IIITB, was established in 1999 with a vision to contribute to the IT world by focusing on education and research, entrepreneurship and innovation.
The institute's unique integrated iMTech course has students walking away with plum jobs in the IT industry year after year.
Overview of the course
IIITB introduced a 5 year Integrated M.Tech. (iMTech) programme from 2012 onwards. The Integrated M.Tech. programme is a 5-year integrated program intended for students who have completed or are completing Plus Two (or equivalent). At the end of five years of the programme, successful students get dual degrees of B.Tech and M.Tech. A new curriculum is designed for the IMTech batch to accomodate dual specialization for both CSE and ECE students. The students including CSE and ECE can specialize in the listed areas: AIML (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning), TSCD (Theory and Systems for Computing and Data), NC (Networking and Communication), VLSI (VLSI Systems), and DT (Digital Society).
The iMTech CSE/ECE is a ten-semester programme where the first eight semesters constitute academic course work. During the ninth semester, a student is given an option to work on a project or choose course work which will help in pursuing higher studies. In the 10th semester, the student may opt for thesis or internship in a well recognized organization.
The minimum qualification for admission to the Integrated M.Tech. programme at IIITB is a 60% in 10 + 2 (or equivalent) with Mathematics as one of the subjects. Students expecting to complete the minimum requirement by September of the application year may also apply.
Basis of admission
Admissions to the IMTech programme is solely based on the NTA Ranking for JEE Main exam, which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
There is no fixed cut-off of NTA ranking for the IMTech programme. The NTA Ranking cut off will depend on the actual applications received.
All applicants need to pay a non-refundable application fee of INR 1000/-.
1. Go to URL- http://iiitb.in/applynow and click on Proceed to Application.
2. Fill in the application form by entering personal details, contact details, academic details and programme details.
Note: Below fields are mandatory in application form
1. Registration / Enrollment No
2. Rank [All India Rank (CRL)]
3. NTA score
4. In case 12th std marks not received, enter 0 as of now. Later you can fill the actual result.
3. Pay the application fee through Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card.
4. Applicant will receive an email on registered email address with login credentials.
5. Login to the page and upload the following documents:
• Class 12 (or Equivalent) Mark sheet
• JEE Score Card
Note: Candidates will be automatically considered for both CSE and ECE branches at the time of making admission offers. Separate applications for CSE and ECE NOT needed. The branch for which admission offer is made (whether CSE or ECE or both) will be mentioned in the offer of admission based on NTA Ranking of the candidate and also availability of seats.
For the academic year 2020-21
|Course||JEE (Main) NTA Rank cut-off|
• The students who are joining the programme in the academic year 2020-21, will pay tuition fee Rs.1,60,000/- per semester.
• These rates are subject to revision from time to time. The tentative tuition fee per semester of the programme is as follows:
|Year 1 and 2||Year 3 and 4||Year 5|
• In addition, students need to pay hostel and campus facility fee of Rs. 39,000 per semester and 25,800 per semester for catering and food services.
• At the time of admission each student need to pay Library Deposit of INR 4,000/- and Caution Deposit for Hostel INR 15,000/-
• These rates are subject to revision from time to time.
• Other costs for books and supplies, travel, purchase of a laptop, etc. need to be factored by students depending on their individual circumstances.
Utkarsha Scholarship 2020: 100% Tuition Fee Waiver from IIITB for Top Rankers in JEE Mains
IIITB has received sponsorship for 100% Tuition Fee waiver for FIVE top performing JEE rank holders who join IIITB's flagship 5-Year Integrated M.Tech. Programme that gives you two degrees - B.Tech. and M.Tech in CSE or ECE - upon successful completion at the end of 5 years! Those who have obtained JEE Mains NTA Rank of 999 or better are eligible for this unique Tuition Waiver scheme.
26/C, Electronics City, Hosur Road
Bengaluru - 560100
Monday to Friday (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)